Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coming home

I mentioned this feeling in the post about free will. It's for me the feeling when I start up some games again after finishing it. It's often in RPG's I get this feeling. You start up the new game and feel like that place is safe, you know what to do, everything is okay in that world and you have no commitment to the story just yet. It's like when you've been on a trip to another country or place for a while, you might have loved it there, might even have been better than any thing you could experience at home but "There is no place like home".
Me personaly have been traveling a whole lot the past couple of months and every time I come home It's just really nice. Allmost the exact same feeling is what I get when I start games like Fable 2, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. It's not weird I also feel that those are acouple of my favorite games. You always know what you'll get, what you can do and how to do that.
But what about those games you don't get those feelings in when you start it up, but you do really like those games too? I think it's about the pase the game has. If you replay Halo one, you don't really get the calm beginning that most of the RPG's have. You get unfrozen, run in hallways with fire fights going on all around you. People get intruduced to you and you really don't know whats going on. And just speaking for my self, thats not what happens when I come home.
Every game dosen't need that feeling when you start it up, it's really nice tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment